Subscriber Discussion

POS Camera Setup For HD-TVI/CVI

Allan Moon
Jul 25, 2017

I have a customer that has a onePOS system connected to their cash registers.  They are looking to upgrade their current analog system to a HD-TVI/CVI.  Does anyone know of a system that is compatible with this type of POS system??

Thank you 

Josh Hendricks
Jul 25, 2017
Milestone Systems

If you're considering going the NVR/VMS route, you could go with a Milestone product and an IP video encoder with HD-TVI/CVI support combined with XProtect Transact. Out of the box, Transact can pull in transaction data via serial, or via TCP by making an outbound TCP connection to a destination IP/port. Generally the TCP option is used in conjunction with a TCP serial server unit for integration into POS systems which use serial for printing or can output transactions via serial.

It's also possible to extend Transact via our SDK in order to support other kinds of connections. For example, I wrote a TCP Server transact provider which can listen for incoming network connections from a POS which is useful since many modern POS systems can be configured to send transactions to a target IP/port, but they don't listen for incoming network connections.

Allan Moon
Aug 22, 2017

Josh,

Can I talk with you about this setup?  What is the best way to get in contact with you?

Thanks

Josh Hendricks
Aug 22, 2017
Milestone Systems

Hi Allan, you can reach me at jh@milestonesys.com. I'm the backline support manager for the Americas region and would be glad to chat with you tomorrow 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions