Subscriber Discussion

Place Mirrors To Reduce Camera Count?

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 21, 2013

While a flashing LED may have some deterrent value, it would perhaps lose this value over a period of time. I wonder if anyone has used strategically placed mirrors to bring down the camera count and still act as a strong deterrent. If so what has been the experience. What are the pros and cons of using them.

NOTICE: This comment was moved from an existing discussion: How To - Surveillance In A Library

CB
Clint Barber
Oct 21, 2013

I think the black plastic bubbles in ceiling tiles is a better option. You can never really tell if there is actually a camera behind them.

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Nov 12, 2013

At the place I work for, we used to use mirrors as a back up shot if we could not have a direct shot to something. That is the only time I have seen mirrors be used.

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 12, 2013

I find your comment very interesting. Did you every try to capture images from two mirrors onto a single camera? If not, do you think you could try it without going too far out of the way? I shall be obliged to hear about your experience. Thanks in advance.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions