Subscriber Discussion

Picking The Right Camera For Entertainment Lighting

EB
Eric Barker
Jun 24, 2017

Currently working on a bid for a club. They have black lights, disco balls, and lots of other flashing and rotating lights. Will this change anything with the selection of the cameras. I had planned on selecting a camera with low lux and disabling the camera from going into night mode. Anyone have experience with this type of install?

Jon Dillabaugh
Jun 24, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

My gut instinct would be the opposite. I would be thinking IR and black and white in areas with fluctuating lighting conditions. I don't have any experience here to offer though.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 25, 2017

Funny, my gut was "both". You're going to need both I think to really deal with the huge variances in light. A huge key will be keeping lights from shining directly into the cameras as well, because fast-moving, direct lights from all directions will wreak havoc.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 25, 2017
IPVM

Eric, for flashing and rotating lights, I believe IR will help significantly.

Watch this video below where turning on an IR illuminator significantly helps eliminate issues with strobe lights (it's a few years old but the principles remain):

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions