Subscriber Discussion

Pc Manage One Software On Multiple Screen Possibilities

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 24, 2015

Hello dear ,

i am faceing an issue , i have installed to my customer , 2 nvrs of 32 channels in the monitor room , each nvr has one hdmi output to a screen and preview 32 cameras .

Is it possible to put one pc in his office with hdmi card and then manage 2 screen differently from the same software , we are using hikvision software Ivms-4200 .

Ethan Ace
Apr 24, 2015

According to Hikvision's specs, IVMS-4200 supports up to 4 monitors on the client software (page 6 of the spec), so yes that should work. With 64 channels of video, though, the client machine should be fairly powerful. You may want to ask their recommendations on PC specs for that many cameras.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Apr 24, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Just to clarify:

• You have 2 different NVRs
  • Each NVR is outputting to a single screen locally

Are you are asking if you can access those NVRs from another PC, or if you can use a single application to manage both screens/NVRs at once?

UI
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks ethan , thats what i was looking exactly for , so i can drag a main view and drop in a screen through HDMI . Below you can find the image of hikvision recommendation cid:image001.png@01D07D17.0BD395C0
UI
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks ethan , thats what i was looking exactly for , so i can drag a main view and drop in a screen through HDMI . Below you can find the image of hikvision recommendation cid:image001.png@01D07D17.0BD395C0
UI
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks Brian , I was asking If i can use single application to manage both screens NVR , and Ethane replied . And i have shared an image of hikvision pc recommendation , i hope it appears because i am using i phone if not and its interesting then i will share it agin tomorrow .
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 26, 2015
It sounds like you want remote control of the screens attached at the NVR from a computer which is different than using a computer to view any or all of the images from two NVR's.
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions