Subscriber Discussion

Pantascene PSIM

PS
Paul Shah
Jul 30, 2015

Has anyone heard of Pantascene? It looks like a lighter weight PSIM and they are part of Avrio RMS.

They seem to be deployed in Austin and a couple other cities.

P.S. I'm a happy new member and am loving the vast amounts of information

TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Jul 31, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Hi Paul!

In case you didn't know already, Avrio was acquired by Hitachi Data Systems last year.

Not to do with PantaScene directly, but interesting none the less, was this case of Avrio playing hardball with the city of Pittsburgh, leaving 18% of 153 cameras off-line because of $200,000 in unpaid bills.

Are looking for feature set comparison or just general impressions?

Btw, clever pun at the end of your message: P.S. I'm

PS
Paul Shah
Jul 31, 2015
Thank you Chris I was looking for both features and general impressions. I've heard about them from the people In a failrly large police department
Hal Bennick
Aug 07, 2015
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

They aren't actually part of Avrio, they're part of Carrick Bend, the company that used to own Avrio and owns Fluidmesh.

I used to work for Fluidmesh, and I heard good stuff about Pantascene, but I just told you everything I know about it.

TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Aug 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

They aren't actually part of Avrio, they're part of Carrick Bend, the company that used to own Avrio and owns Fluidmesh.

Together, under Hitachi since September 2014.

WHAT HAPPENED TO PANTASCENE AND AVRIO?

They are now thriving as part of Hitachi Data Systems, who acquired Pantascene and Avrio in September 2014. Pantascene and Avrio solutions form a new public safety group within Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) whose mission is to make safer, smarter, more efficient cities. The group helps to deter and suppress crime by combining video with a wide variety of other sensor data to create a full operational picture – in other words, connected intelligence. Core Pantascene and Avrio technologies are combined with Hitachi IT systems and services capabilities to form comprehensive solutions that increase public safety.

Hal Bennick
Aug 07, 2015
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks!

PS
Paul Shah
Aug 07, 2015

Thank you very much for much for the info!

PS
Paul Shah
Aug 07, 2015
I'm not sure what their underlining product even is. If you look on page 45 of this implementation in Austin, they have a few pieces. http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=201752
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions