Subscriber Discussion

Package Thief Goes Out With A Bang...

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 17, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Watch the surveillance video here

Freaking thieves pulled up in Porsche truck?!

(5)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Dec 17, 2016
IPVMU Certified

why does the noise sound so much louder from the roof camera, then the camera at the door? Wasn't the bang generated from the package?

(1)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #2
Dec 17, 2016

Woah woah woah Jon! That is no Porsche... that looks more like an Audi. Porsche owners have soul and class :)

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 18, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Haha! Aren't Porsche, Audi, and WV SUVs all the same anyways? Shared platform?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #2
Dec 19, 2016

Yea basically, but if you drive them you'll notice the difference. Something about Porsche is just magical though... It's like mechanical art.

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 17, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Regarding the audacious theif:

Funny, but not worth risking a lawsuit over hearing loss or some PTSD bs. Instead just put a $20 tracking Tile in the package inside several other well taped boxes.

Regarding the audio:

Nest cam audio has extreme lo-cut filter, probably to make speech clearer. This makes the bang sound like a pop. Roof cam has full frequency response, listen to ambient road sounds on both and compare.

Regarding the audi:

(2)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Dec 17, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Thanks. I watched it again and noticed the difference.

Unfortunately that video led to other videos and I got sucked into this black hole.... That's an hour I wont get back....

(3)
BS
Bob Schenck
Dec 18, 2016
IPVMU Certified

My first thought on seeing the nice car and the way the woman was dressed was that the thief was an ex spouse or girlfriend. But I read another article on the video here, which states the homeowner did not know the thief. Considering that we are in the middle of the holiday season, this appears to be a fairly well-off person stealing holiday packages from front porches.

I agree with UD1. While this was a funny video, I'd rather see either a tracking device or a license plate camera that generates the evidence the police need to catch these people.

(3)
Campbell Chang
Dec 21, 2016

It truly baffles me that your delivery guys in the US just leave stuff on the front door.

Here in Aus, if you're not home, delivery note saying come pick up at the nearest Post Office.

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 21, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

It all depends on the neighborhood. It is the driver's discretion in most cases. I get packages left daily and have yet to have a single one missing. 

Harrison Mitchell
Dec 22, 2016

I second Jon, it really depends on the neighborhood and how expensive the item is, the more expensive ones often require a signature or it won't be left.

Package stealing becomes more prevalent this time of year it seems and these stories pop up more frequently around the holidays. 

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Here in Aus, if you're not home, delivery note saying come pick up at the nearest Post Office.

Sometimes they do that too here.

Sometimes people steal the note and print an ID and pick-up the package for you.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions