IPVMU Certified | 12/08/13 09:26pm
I have not used this product, but I found Hoffman's outdoor rated 4U vertical rack:
Online pricing is all over the place on this unit, between ~$2800 and $4600. Hoffman sells direct, so that may be the best choice.
The challenge with these genera types of racks:
- The rack needs it's own heating and cooling, since it is not in a purpose built closet. This drives cost.
- The extra ventilation, heating, and cooling requires maintenance beyond a typical enclosure. This also drive cost.
- Because they are internally temperate, lots of bugs, birds, and rodents try to infiltrate them or build nests on them. (Blowing warm exhaust? Perfect spot for a rat's nest!)
- They are heavy and may require special mounting hardware, heavy duty poles, and craft labor to install. (Extra Cost)
- They typically require a high-voltage interconnect. In the US, this means involving an electrician or even running new circuits.
In summary: there is a high and ongoing cost element to using these racks.