Subscriber Discussion

Outdoor Camera, 720p Or Greater, 200+ FPS

Laura Garest
Aug 16, 2017

I'm looking for an outdoor camera, 720p or greater, with the ability to record at 200+ FPS. Any suggestions? 

JH
John Honovich
Aug 16, 2017
IPVM

I have not heard of an IP camera that does 200+ FPS. There are a handful that do 120fps (see here) but not sure of anything more.

That noted, I am pretty sure there are many machine vision cameras that do 200+ FPS, though this is outside of my expertise. Example 200+ fps PTGrey machine vision camera.

(1)
Laura Garest
Aug 16, 2017

Thank you John. The customer has rejected my suggestion for machine vision. He claims to have an analog camera @ 250fps that needs replacing. I'm trying to find the model #. 

Brian Karas
Aug 16, 2017
IPVM

What does it record to, and does that device have some special capabilities that take advantage of the ultra-Hugh frame rate?

Maybe you have already considered this, but will a 200fps IP camera solve the problem alone, or do you need to think about the control/review side as well? 

JH
John Honovich
Aug 16, 2017
IPVM

He claims to have an analog camera @ 250fps that needs replacing.

Well, if by analog he means NTSC or PAL, then it is definitely not 250fps, maybe 25...

I wonder, though, maybe he means he has a recorder that records at 240fps because, in the old days, that was a common way to specify recorders - 120fps, 240fps, 480fps, etc. Of course, that specification was for all cameras across the entire recorder, not just a single camera.

(3)
Laura Garest
Aug 21, 2017

Agreed Brian & John, I'm trying to get this information out of them.  I think this is part of the confusion.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions