Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Outdoor 360/Multi-Sensor

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Mar 26, 2019

Looking for an outdoor 360 or multisensor where the image is stitched together like a fisheye for live/archive. It’ll be installed at ~40ft above ground and connected to Genetec SC. Want to avoid separate streams and would ideally have no loss of resolution at the horizon. Any recommendations?

SD
Shannon Davis
Mar 26, 2019
IPVMU Certified

ONCAM 360 is a really good fisheye camera. The quality is good all the way around the image as well. You can download the Onvu360 app to see the actual cameras or the link below for a web page demo. One of the best 360 and 180 cameras out there IMO.

ONCAM Dewarping Demo

JH
John Honovich
Mar 26, 2019
IPVM

We did a Panoramic Fisheye Camera Shootout - Avigilon, Axis, Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, Oncam And Vivotek. Oncam did not do too well. But that shootout may help if you are looking at fisheyes.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 26, 2019
IPVMU Certified

It’ll be installed at ~40ft above ground and connected to Genetec SC. Want to avoid separate streams and would ideally have no loss of resolution at the horizon.

I would say that the 40ft camera height and the “no loss of resolution at horizon” dictate a multisensor unit.

See Panoramic: Fisheye vs Multi-Imager Usage

(4)
(1)
Kestutis Nagys
Mar 27, 2019

Agree with previous comment, you must look at multi sensor cameras, I would recommend twin  Axis P3807 (they have special mount for this):

(1)
(1)
Rg
Ron grinfeld
Apr 01, 2019

Disclosure - I work for FLIR Systems.

Please check the FLIR Quasar 4x2K Panoramic - https://www.flir.com/products/quasar-4-x-2k/

It can operate in either 180 or 360 modes (field convertible).

In 180 mode the 4 sensors are stitched on the edge (single stream).

In 360 mode you get a quad view, with an option of adding a central 5th imager for full coverage.

For further details you can contact me at ron.grinfeld@flir.com

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions