Subscriber Discussion

OT: Suggestions For A Clark Griswold Gate Activated Holiday Light/Music Setup?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 02, 2018

My wife wants to decorate the unmanned guard shack at the entrance to our gated condo with some garland and wreaths for the season.  I decided to look into kicking it up a notch and see if I could have lights twinkle and music play when someone enters the code to open the gate and give them a little holiday happiness as the pass through.

I've got access to the gate controller and I could trigger the input from the gate relay.  What I'm wondering is how or what I should get to make the above work.  I've got an old Speco PA Horn with built in flash that I could employ and could get a simple 8 ohm amplifier.  For the music source I was wondering if there was something that could play a series of MP3 snippets of some various Holiday music about 10 seconds long each and cycle through them as the gate relay triggers it to start.  

My initial google search led me to this, but I've never done it before and don't know if I'm on the right path.

https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Sparkfun%20PDFs/MP3Trigger_v2_UG_2012-02-04.pdf

As always, thanks in advance

MM
Michael Miller
Dec 02, 2018

Sounds like you need "Christmas in a box"

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 02, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I've got access to the gate controller and I could trigger the input from the gate relay.

No problem, just insert your relay in the circuit below.

Make sure it’s rated for (guessing) 100A.

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Dec 03, 2018

Here is some inspiration

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions