Opening IPVM Calculator V3 Beta - Looking For Members To Try

JH
John Honovich
Jul 09, 2017
IPVM

[UPDATE: The beta is now closed. We are starting to migrate select users for early access.]

The new IPVM calculator (v3) will be formally released shortly. Right now, we are running a beta to get feedback from members.

We want input from those who regularly use the current Calculator on UI issues, bugs, questions, etc. and for those who do provide that, we will provide membership credit. And for those of you who are heavy users (e.g., 165,000+ cameras have been saved in the Calculator already), this is an opportunity to help shape the Calculator.

What's new? The v3 Calculator is completely re-written, significantly faster for loading, saving and exporting. The UI is moderately changed. Functions are mostly the same as this is the new foundation for us to add major features as well as releasing a thick client / off-line version and a mobile version.

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jul 11, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We typically use another program for a couple reasons. Wouldn't mind trying out the Beta to see how it compares. I already submitted a request

JH
John Honovich
Jul 11, 2017
IPVM

Jay, thanks for the feedback. Right now, we are just giving out the beta for those who have significant experience with the existing calculator.

Expect the full public release in the next few weeks. As I mentioned in the OP above, most features are the same so the goal of this release is the new architecture for building future features, not to convert those who are happy with other programs.

(1)
John Bazyk
Jul 18, 2017
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

I would be very interested, I use it often but not as much as I would like to due to a few limitations I have found with it. 

JH
John Honovich
Jul 27, 2017
IPVM

Update: the Beta is progressing. We fixed a number of issues, the biggest was an issue running in Firefox due to how FF handles loading certain assets different than Chrome or IE.

Now, we are going to expand the beta and start mentioning it to more people.

Again, if you are interested in testing the beta v3 calculator, submit here.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 27, 2017
IPVM

And here is a screencap of the new v3 Calculator:

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions