Subscriber Discussion

Cameras That Support ONVIF Analytics

Dov avnon
Sep 22, 2017

Can someone help me with a list of cameras that support onvif analytics. ( i know about  hikvision, bosch, avigilon)   thank you Dov avnon the netherlands  

JH
John Honovich
Sep 22, 2017
IPVM

Dov, good question. I am going to check with ONVIF for input but my understanding historically has been that video analytics support (via events) is an optional / conditional feature for ONVIF adoption, ergo even if a camera supported analytics, it might not support the parts of ONVIF for video analytics transmission / communication. The other factor is VMS support, even if its ONVIF conformant, the VMS / client may not fully support those events.

Can you expand on what you are looking for? And what VMS you want to use these analytics cameras with?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 02, 2017
IPVM

I got feedback from ONVIF. 

There is no explicit field in the ONVIF Conformant Product search tool. However, individual entries can be manually checked by looking at the 'Feature List' of the product and then checking the section that shows features, specifically for references to Metadata and events. Unfortunately not easy.

However, ONVIF says the upcoming Profile T will show that more prominently.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions