Subscriber Discussion

Onssi/Qognify Can You Use The Drivers For Advantech 6060/6066 I/O Modules For Door Monitoring?

Question for the ONSSI/Qognify integrators/users:

If using the ONSSI drivers that allow integration of I/O modules like the Advantech 6060 I/O module, will this allow you to set up monitoring for door contacts and also program an extended open timer that generates an alarm and email after a user-defined number of seconds?

Second question >>> Can you overlay the door status (open/closed/alarm) onto a live video feed of a camera in the system?

Thanks in advance.

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny

FYI, OnSSI/Qognify Sales Engineering is free. They can give you pre-sales support on product features or system design. I recommend giving them a call. 😉

From my experience, things like this are usually integrated through Convergence to Pixels, which is a third-party. C2P turns a TCP/IP data stream into a feed that can be placed in Ocularis Client. I'm not sure about how to do the delayed email. I also recommend giving C2P a call.

I don't believe anything can be overlayed directly onto the video feed, but C2P can give you a feed to put in the slot next to the video. Here's a picture from C2P's website:

It looks to me like that's a web page on the left side (to allow interaction). On the right, there's a normal camera at the top, with two of C2P's feeds below it showing information from the TCP/IP device (in this case a DMP access control panel).

Agree
Disagree
Informative: 1
Unhelpful
Funny

Thanks for the reply. I called the free ONSSI/Qognify sales engineering support before I posted here and never heard back. Is this indicative of how they operate in general?

Also called P2P and described the scenario and they are checking on the ability to apply time-based rules to the inputs from a third party I/O board. Waiting for their reply back, but if they can apply user-defined time delays to work as a door-propped alarm, we may have something here. If they can't, back to the drawing board!

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny

Oof. I forgot about that. Yeah, sales and sales engineering have been slow to respond in the last few months, possibly due to the merger. They should still call back, but it may be a few days. (Tech support is much faster, usually responding within a few hours.)

You can also call one of the guys in the Solutions Engineering team: Qognify_US_Solutions Engineering_Team_082219. Since these are direct lines, these guys may actually answer the phone.

Agree
Disagree
Informative
Unhelpful
Funny