Subscriber Discussion

Book On CCTV By Any Author?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Aug 23, 2016

Hi, I am reading a book on CCTV by vlado damjanovski. Does any one had read this Book or can any one suggest any other book by any author?

[IPVM Note:

All ebooks are included with membership]

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Are you reading for fun or for profit? :)

Its a good book but it might be a bit heavy on the history for the guy who wants just to learn the basics.

UD
Aug 23, 2016

I am reading it to know more about the CCTV .Is there any other good book to learn the basics

JH
John Honovich
Aug 23, 2016
IPVM

1, we have:

All of those are included in your membership.

Which edition of Vlado's book do you have? Amazon has the 3rd edition for $82, Vlado's site lists a 4th edition for ~$145 USD. I have read the 3rd edition but not the 4th.

UD
Aug 23, 2016

Dear John,

I have the second edition. What can you comment on this authors book, John. I just started reading.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 23, 2016
IPVM

The second edition is from 2009 and is just way out of date. As 2 mentions, it is mostly a history lesson at this point. The third edition is already somewhat dated (2013) but better.

I would recommend, as a member who gets our current books for free, to start with them.

Ari Erenthal
Aug 23, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Honestly, there really isn't anything better for the beginner than John's free ebooks. I say this as a trainer whose job it is to teach new hires for our surveillance sales department, and who has researched a lot (not all) of the books available on the market.

UD
Aug 23, 2016

Dear John ,

Can i get the Hard Copy of IPVM books

JH
John Honovich
Aug 23, 2016
IPVM

We do not offer hard copies of our books. You can certainly print them out.

We might offer hard copies in the future but not sure if the cost of printing them justifies doing so relative to electronic distribution.

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

"Can I get the Hard Copy of IPVM books?"

If you have the PDF you can get a hard bound or softcover made book from a variety of sources online. One that I have used, (not for IPVM books), is blurb:

So for this handsome addition to any home library, Hardcover (color economy) will run your around $100 for the set of 3:

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions