Subscriber Discussion

Off Topic: Who On IPVM Is Following The Whitey Bulger Trial?

Michael Budalich
Jul 26, 2013
Genetec

All I keep thinking is how different things would have been in the 60s' and 70's if they had video surveillance like we do today. Lots of the crimes committed were done in public (machine gunning cars in broad daylight, violent beatings, etc.).

Always fascinates me how corrupt law enforcement was and how they could easily be bought to look the other way even during crimes as severe as murder.

MI
Matt Ion
Jul 26, 2013

Coles nots on why this trial is of interest?

Michael Budalich
Jul 26, 2013
Genetec
MI
Matt Ion
Jul 26, 2013

Coles nots on why this trial is of interest?

JG
John Grocke
Jul 26, 2013

Between Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman, those of us in Central Florida have had our fill of trials for a while. :)

JH
John Honovich
Jul 26, 2013
IPVM

On the meta point about crimes 40-50 years ago vs today. For sure, technology has played a huge role in cutting the crime rate, especially the brazen ones that make great movies.

Michael Budalich
Jul 26, 2013
Genetec

John G.

Those trials in my opinion are much less interesting. This guy terrorized Boston for the better part of 2 decades, ran away and lived completely under the radar for 16 years with millions in cash and guns. Much more of a cowboy story than Casey Anthony or George Zimmerman/trayvon Martin.

Marty Major
Jul 26, 2013
Teledyne FLIR

I've read all the Whitey Bulger books that have been made over the years.... (best one was written by the Globe reporters who followed the case from the beginning) and I agree with Michael; this dude was straight-up bad as they get.

Until Whitey was captured, I was semi-convinced the weird guy across the street who avoids eye contact with everyone was him. His car even had a Patriots logo on the spare tire, so that was almost all the convincing I needed. If the guy was 10 years older I woulda dropped a dime on his ass years ago looking for the reward loot. :)

Brian Karas
Jul 26, 2013
Pelican Zero

I haven't heard much about this trial.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions