Subscriber Discussion

Off-Topic: Should Snitching Be Encouraged By The Police?

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

From the NY Times.

Funny for sure. Effective?

“Asking drug dealers to turn in other drug dealers,” Sheriff Melton said. “It’s comical, and it’s working.”

Apparently there is no honour among theives.

Maybe ONVIF should make a similar form.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 08, 2015
IPVM

That's funny.

Related. Who's our best source for negative information on manufacturers? Their 'partners' and their ex-employees.

MI
Matt Ion
Aug 09, 2015

There have been many stories like this over the years, from numerous different jurisdictions.

Hey, if it works, why not?

TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Aug 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Hey, if it works, why not?

Yeah, I agree it would work to at least a limited degree, but it's not without risk...

To insure greater success, the dealer would want to stop dealing themselves before proceeding with a highly detailed and well-timed narc'ing campaign against any and all vendors in his territory/region, lest he be similarly stopped himself.

Then, the decreasing product availability combined with the increasing investigative backlog would create a highly profitable and relatively safe trading window.

But, after any earning, be it legal or otherwise, you MUST report your income, or risk tax evasion charges.  

Remember, that's how they got Scarface...

Brian Rhodes
Aug 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

I think you mean Al Capone. A giant pile of cocaine is what ended Scarface.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

I think you mean Al Capone.

I do.

Scarface (1983), was remake of Scarface (1932), which was loosely based on Al Capone's life.

A giant pile of cocaine is what ended Scarface.

Disagree.

The great pile of cocaine clearly extends Scarface's life; enabling him to temporarily withstand the effects of fifty or so direct hits of machine gun fire, which eventually though take their toll.

MI
Matt Ion
Aug 09, 2015

Yeah, I agree it would work to at least a limited degree, but it's not without risk...

To be sure: you want to be really careful your "competition" never finds out it was you who turned them in.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions