Off Topic: $10,000 To Become Sean Nelson's Neighbor

JH
John Honovich
Nov 16, 2018
IPVM

Tulsa OK is offering $10,000 for remote workers (like IPVM employees) to move there.

It's causing a bit of stir, see e.g., Hacker News debate.

Pros - you get to be neighbors with IPVM MVC and Hikvision Money Train Conductor Sean Nelson.

Cons - it's Tulsa?

It could be worth it for cities to do this as remote workers likely spend more and have less impact on local resources. What do you think?

(1)
Sean Nelson
Nov 16, 2018
Nelly's Security

Obviously, it goes without saying that great things and most notably, surveillance legends live in Tulsa. This alone should actually make someone pay $10,000 just to be able to live here.

(1)
(1)
(5)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 16, 2018

Hmmm.  I like the idea but I am not really sure if $10,000 covers moving expenses.  Also if it's the city I would assume that means living within the city itself and that does not really appeal to me.  Unless it is smaller cities and towns willing to do it or if its not Oklahoma.  I spent a few years living and working there and it was barely better than where I live now, Kansas.

Now if it was $10,000 and the house next door to Sean I would be all in.  I could use some more knowledge and maybe one day I could be a surveillance legend.

(4)
U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 16, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Tulsa OK is offering $10,000 for remote workers (like IPVM employees) to move there.

Instead of me actually moving, I should let Sean say he is “moving” from my address to his and we can split the $10,000.  

Deal?

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions