Subscriber Discussion

Expanding NVR Storage From 2 To 4 Weeks?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 03, 2017

I have customer who has system with 8TB of storage on 12 cameras.There a mix of 3 and 4mp set on 1080p at 25 fps. System gets about 2 weeks at present. He wants additional 2 weeks of recording at roughly same quality. I can do some tweaks but gaining 2 weeks is kinda stretching it. What options are out there to expand without going from 16 channel to 32 channel nvr? I know there is nas storage but how does it integrate with present system?

John Scanlan
Mar 03, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

U1 - Do you know if the NVR supports a second HD?

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 03, 2017

Do you know the make/model of NVR?  In addition to John's note below some units support external direct attached storage or SAN/NAS.  Based on the 4 MP cameras I am assuming Hik, Dahua, or the like in which case John's note is the least expensive and quickest option.

Not sure what they're recording but dropping back from 25 FPS to a more reasonable 10 FPS would come closer to meeting that goal.  Perhaps there is a strict need for 25 FPS (I'm assuming you're in a PAL region)?

UI
Mar 03, 2017

Yes its dahua and its a vertical nvr with 2 bays full at 4tb each.No its ntsc.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Mar 03, 2017

Pull out the 4tb drives and put in 2x 6tb or 8tb or 10tb drives.

UI
Mar 03, 2017

Specs indicate max 8 tb.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions