Subscriber Discussion

Next Level Security Systems (NLSS) Experience?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 02, 2017

Does anyone have any experience with Next Level Security Systems (NLSS)? I'm particularly interested in opinions from integrators in the Northeast.

Thank you,

Brian Rhodes
Jun 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

From a macro standpoint, uptake/use of NLSS is quiet and you just do not hear mention of them much.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 04, 2017

Can you offer your definition of Next Level Security Systems (NLSS)

Brian Rhodes
Jun 04, 2017
IPVMU Certified

NLSS is a company/brand, best known for offering a pre-configured security appliance whose interface incorporates IP video, access, intrusion, and some analytics into a single box. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jun 05, 2017

Dealt with them for a few years, and here is my best advice...

Run away. Run away fast.

We installed many Next Level Systems, and thankfully we have replaced all of them as well. I'm honestly surprised they're still in business as it's a small shell of a company compared to what it once was. The unified platform is an interesting concept on paper, but they could never get it to work correctly. Every firmware release for the system would solve a few problems and often re-introduce old ones as they weren't testing the releases before sending them out.

I could literally go on and on. Long story short, we lost more money than we made with Next Level.

(3)
(3)
Marco Sanchez
Jun 05, 2017

I used to work at this company and it was a great concept at the time, doing some really cool things years before other manufacturers even thought of it. IE GPU decoding, no license fees, etc.  However, much like the person said above the direction was lost and many issues were exposed and never resolved.

The Decoder product is solid and feature rich but the Gateway platform is the reason I left the organization. 

(1)
(4)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Jun 05, 2017

Even though I'm posting as undisclosed, I'll mention that I'm a manufacturer and could be viewed as a competitor to NLSS.  With that being said, I'll try and be as impartial as possible.  

The company is struggling and they are no longer doing development on new features/updates.  I run across many dealers and end users who are looking to replace the systems that they have in the field.  

I'm surprised to hear someone considering them at all.  

(3)
(2)
Brian Karas
Jun 13, 2017
IPVM

NLSS has essentially outsourced their sales and marketing to ATV, we just published a report that covers the structure of the partnership here:

NLSS / ATV Partnership Examined

Keith Shaver
Jun 16, 2017

Thanks for the inquiry from the undisclosed integrator and for the report from Brian. Yes, NLSS is alive and well and recently partnered with ATV for sales and customer support. I understand there may have been some issues in the past, but we are continuing to successfully support the existing school and university vertical markets, as well as, major retail customers and are pursuing new market opportunities and customers with several recent successful wins. I would encourage you as an interested integrator to reach out to NLSS or ATV via web site contact forms. We will be happy to get back in touch with you regarding your opportunities.

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions