Subscriber Discussion

New Work Vans

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 08, 2016

Looking to purchase a new full size work van. We have always used Ford E Series. Any feedback on the full size New Ford Transit? Low Roof, Medium Roof? EcoBoost? or the RAM Promaster?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Aug 08, 2016

Nissan NV

MM
Michael Miller
Aug 08, 2016

I have been purchasing the Ford Transit Connects and Transits. The Transits are the 2500 medium height and length which I can stand up in as I am 6ft tall. My guys really like them and we haven't had any issues.

(2)
(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 08, 2016

Do you have ladder racks on top? I am worried that they will take out a Drive Thru Canopy with the Medium Height.

MM
Michael Miller
Aug 08, 2016

No roof racks for these as our 24ft extension will fit inside or most of the time we bring our bucket truck onsite for high work.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Aug 08, 2016

Unless you need the v8 I would probably do what the other poster said on here and go with a Nissan NV1500 or similar. Your TCO will be lower.

(1)
(1)
Brian Karas
Aug 08, 2016
IPVM

Just saw this on LinkedIn, from someone in the UK:

(1)
(4)
Buddy Mason
Aug 08, 2016

I purchased 4 new Transits in the last year, 3 of the mid-roofs and 1 low roof. Definitely get the EcoBoost. Low roof we use for service. So far so good and the techs love the room.

(1)
AW
Alex Wasilesku
Aug 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

We use the Nissan NV here at the office. Amazing on gas mileage, 30$ or less to fill (from san diego). With 2 ladder racks on top it easily fits everything we need as a Access Control Solutions provider.

(1)
Armando Perez
Aug 09, 2016
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

We've been buying up ford transits. Low roof, limited slip, shorter wheelbase, base engine.

We have one Nissan NV200 that keeps blowing tires, breaking trim pieces and constant HVAC problems, wont work without a ladder rack, but insanely good fuel mileage.

Im curious why Buddy Mason says to definitely get the ecoboost cause were getting ready to buy another one and this one will need to be able to tow a lift and a trailer.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions