New - Show Your Company Name On IPVM Comments

JH
John Honovich
Feb 15, 2017
IPVM

To better help you show where you work and let other people learn more about you, we have added a feature to display your company name with your comments.

Here is an example for Armando:

This, of course, adds to our move a few months back to show pictures / headshots in comments.

To show your company name: (1) edit profile, (2) enter your company name and check the box to show it:

And that is it. 

Plus, add your headshot / photo here.

Of course, you can still go undisclosed as needed, even with headshot and company displayed on disclosed ones.

Any help or feedback, let us know.

Armando Perez
Feb 15, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

Hey handsome!  oh wait.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 16, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Any thought on allowing display of an alternate headshot when posting Undisclosed?

(5)
John Bredehoft
Feb 16, 2017
Bredemarket / Incode Technologies

Would others find it beneficial to also display job titles on posts? Or do job titles obfuscate more than they illuminate?

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Feb 16, 2017
IPVMU Certified

My opinion: Job titles themselves aren't that useful, outside of executive-level designations.

The guy that makes my lunch wears a name tag that reads 'Sandwich Artist' which might sound great on a future resume, but he's just the guy who makes sandwiches.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 16, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Job titles themselves aren't that useful...

Knew a guy at a startup whose cards said "Director of Electrons".  He was pretty good at it :)

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Feb 16, 2017
IPVM

John,

Job titles could help. As Brian says there is definitely risk of inflation but it generally would give people a better sense of if someone was in sales or engineering, etc.

Others thoughts?

(1)
Oleksiy Zayonchkovskyy
Feb 18, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I think that it is possible to create groups for example:

Field Engineer

Sales

Support

Architect

Executive 

some other...

And then let people decide where to go... and whether post it or not.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions