Subscriber Discussion

New Samsung H.265 5MP Dome Camera

RL
Robb Larsen
Jul 08, 2015

I was looking for a different model when I saw this pop up. I didn't attend ISC West this year so it could be old news, but if you guys get a chance, I would be interested in a review of one of these models.

I've been pretty impressed as of late (I have only recently quoted and utilized their products) with the overall quality of their other cameras and would like to see how these models perform. If anyone has comments or concerns with them I would also be interested. I haven't run into any, but I haven't used them much either.

5MP Samsung W/O IR

5MP Samsung with IR

JH
John Honovich
Jul 08, 2015
IPVM

Robb, thanks for sharing!

Did you notice they are listing H.265 for these cameras? :)

I am wondering if this is WiseNet III, if it has true WDR, what the price is, when it's actually shipping, etc. Let us check on our side and if anyone has any info, please share.

Simply because of H.265, we would consider testing this.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jul 08, 2015

The new 5MP H.265 cameras should be shipping in August. Both feature SmartIR, IP66, IK10, triple codec, true WDR, 30fps, motorized zoom lens, simple focus, p-iris, lens distortion correction, hallway view mode, -40 PoE, defog, pixel counter, AAC audio.

Datasheets are at:

http://www.samsungsecurity.co.uk/en/products/cameras/dome/fixed%20domes/external%20cameras/snv-8081r.aspx

http://www.samsungsecurity.co.uk/en/products/cameras/dome/fixed%20domes/external%20cameras/sno-8081r.aspx

The dome should only be a few $ more than the current (new) SNV-8080 5-mp H.264 dome.

(3)
JH
John Honovich
Jul 08, 2015
IPVM

We checked pricing and availability on distribution.

The 5MP does not appear to be shipping yet. Its online / street price is likely to be in the ~$900 range, which will be to roughly $300 more than the 1080p IR vandal dome model.

(1)
RL
Robb Larsen
Jul 09, 2015

Thanks for the info!

LV
Larry Vinson
Jul 13, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Please note that the datasheet specs for the camera on the above link from "Undisclosed 1 Manufacturer" are for a SNV-8081R and it does not specify H.265. It only shows H.264 and MJPEG. The specs also say it is a 1080p camera, not 5MP.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 13, 2015

Samsung did confirm to me that SNV-8081R is a 5MP camera and does have H.265 compression.

TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Jul 13, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Here's a better link

(1)
Ethan Ace
Aug 26, 2015

Update: Shipping estimate on the new H.265 domes is now October. We will update here if anything else changes.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 20, 2015
IPVM

Update: Shipping estimate is now December. No idea what is going wrong here.

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Nov 23, 2015

Production shipments to all of our distributors will start at the end of next week or November 30th depending on the holiday schedule. The SNV-8081R is 5MP 30FPS Vandal IP66 dome camera, and has multiple compression technologies available (MJPEG, H.264 and H.265). We are looking forward to all of our partners to support the new H.265 compression now and in the near future.

https://www.samsung-security.com/products/security-cameras/network-cameras/ip-vandal-resistant-domes/SNV-8081R.aspx

JH
John Honovich
Nov 23, 2015
IPVM

3, what VMSes / recorders support H.265 from the SNV-8081R currently? We'll need to know so we can test it.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions