Subscriber Discussion

Need Search Tool For Cisco IP Cameras, Can't Locate On Network

RM
Ryan Marshall
Feb 23, 2017

Hey IPVM,

I'm having trouble locating Cisco 6020 IP cameras on our network. I tried downloading the Intuvision software from their website but I need to be a dealer/partner with them to access it. Is there a search tool or public download of the software available? I tried resetting the cameras and accessing the default IP address, as well as using an IP scanner, to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 24, 2017

Considering I don't know what you have done or not, but have you changed the IP default settings on the camera to match your current network?  The cameras apparently come with a default IP of:  182.168.0.100, so try pointing your browser there. The default login & password is the same- admin

RM
Ryan Marshall
Feb 24, 2017

I've already tried this at 192.168.0.100 and yes I changed my subnet.

UI
Feb 24, 2017

Oops, just saw the typo on my above response-  should be 192.168.0.100

RS
Robert Shih
Feb 24, 2017
Independent

Even the ONVIF Device Manager will probably let you find them.

RM
Ryan Marshall
Feb 24, 2017

No luck with ODM unfortunately

PH
Paul Haake
Feb 24, 2017

If it's a Cisco network, you can find them from any switch via CDP.

(1)
Ricardo Souza
Feb 24, 2017
Motorola Solutions • IPVMU Certified

One more option would be to run Wireshark and filter for the mac address ("eth.src == 00:90:aa:01:02:03" or "eth.src contains 00:90:aa" where 00:90:aa is the manufacturer identifier part of the mac.

Or download any free ip scanner, eg: advanced-ip-scanner

RM
Ryan Marshall
Feb 24, 2017

I already tried scanning with AIS but no luck. I'll give wireshark a shot, thanks!

John Scanlan
Feb 24, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I agree with Paul, that CDP (cisco discovery protocol) may be an easy solution.  If you have them connected to a Cisco switch you can use the command:

show cdp neighbors

You can also use the web interface, just browse to the CDP information as show below. My CDP information shows my uplink port connecting to another Cisco switch on our network.

(1)
RM
Ryan Marshall
Feb 24, 2017

I do have a couple managed cisco switches. I'll plug them into there and give this a shot, thank you!

UI
Feb 24, 2017

Another thought... if you don't manage the network, check to see if the ports are open.

DS
David Shepherd
Feb 25, 2017

I used to work for a company that mostly dealt with Cisco CCTV. Usually I would use a Cisco Catalyst switch and do a show cdp neighbors as a couple of people above said, however when I was caught short with just a camera plugged directly into a PC I used this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cdp4win/

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions