Subscriber Discussion

Need Camera To Cover Offices And Have Microphone

CH
Corbin Hambrick
Mar 19, 2018

Customer needs "full" coverage of several offices (each roughly 14' x 14' with 10' high ceilings), would like 30fps recording with mic recording and at least 15fps live view, image quality requirements will equate to a need of about 60ppf or better.

They were recommended fisheye cameras and I don't necessarily disagree except the image quality probably won't quite be what they desire.

My main camera is Axis and their only fisheye with audio is only 12fps.  So that's out.

...not a HIKvision person here so what other options do you recommend (doesn't have to be fisheye either).

Sean Patton
Mar 19, 2018

Corbin,

You can use our Camera Finder to help find a camera that might work

I have a search filter based upon your description: 15fps, 5MP or higher, wide angle lens, with audio input, and exclude Hikvision.

(1)
CH
Corbin Hambrick
Mar 19, 2018

Thanks.  I played with that but didn't see a way to require a mic and didn't want to search through each camera to check it's specs.

CH
Corbin Hambrick
Mar 19, 2018

Oh.  Duh.  I didn't realize there were additional "tabs".

...but I want to make sure the camera has a mic.  I see you have software audio support but is that the same thing?

Sean Patton
Mar 19, 2018

Great point. Do you want an integrated microphone, or just an audio input? Just from experience, most integrated mics are pretty terrible... I would lean towards a camera with audio input.

(2)
Scott Bradford
Mar 19, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I'd agree to use an external microphone.  The Sony  SCA-M30 works pretty well. We used it for classrooms.   The Axis T81 pickup is TOO good (meaning, every keyboard and AC unit in the office is heard) 

CH
Corbin Hambrick
Mar 19, 2018

I'm waiting to hear back from them on specifics of the audio requirements.

Is it possible to use your filters to show cameras with mic inputs?  Is that what you've done in the SOFTWARE section?

If so why is in that section?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 19, 2018

(Hanwha Employee)

Hanwha has 2 model fisheye cameras, both have built in mic and mic/line in.

Model PNF-9010R - 20/25fps

Model XNF-8010R - 30fps

Other option is to use an ultra wide angle lens on a standard camera.

CH
Corbin Hambrick
Mar 19, 2018

I've thought about using Axis M3046-V but then would need a separate microphone solution and have never done any audio recording separately.

Cameron Javdani
Mar 19, 2018
Louroe Electronics

This mic that we manufacture is compatible with both Axis and Hanwha cameras.  Plug it into the audio input on the camera, no power supply needed.

Louroe A-ML

(1)
MS
Midwest Surveillance
Mar 19, 2018

Have you had a chance to review the M1065-L? With 110 degrees Horizontal FoV, you should get wall to wall coverage in a 14x14 room easily. The supplied mounts make it ideal for a corner mount option. The built in Mic is your only choice, but in a room that size, it should be sufficient. Its also 1080p at 30fps, and will give you 24x7 coverage with IR at night. Possibly the least expensive and simplest option from Axis. 

CH
Corbin Hambrick
Mar 19, 2018

I thought too about the M1065-L but fear it won't give me quite the image quality they want at the farthest distance---door about 20 feet away from corner...roughly giving only about 31ppf using the IPVM Camera Calculator.

CH
Corbin Hambrick
Mar 19, 2018

Sadly, I think ***vision's DS-2CD2955FWD-IS might be one of the better options.

U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 19, 2018

Hanwha XND-8020F

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Mar 20, 2018

Crown PZM 11LL is an amazing mic that uses external power and provides line level. PZM 11 model can use phantom power from camera I believe and provides mic level audio. We use the LL model in interview room settings attached to Axis P 3364 cam. You can hear a pin drop without lots of white noise.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Mar 20, 2018

Great, affordable camera. 

ME4 IR MicDome

Greg Levorchick
Mar 20, 2018

Mobotix c26 - Good built-in microphone with high/med/low adjustable sensitivity.  Frame rates should meet your specs.  We've installed these in interrogation rooms for DHS and they've been pleased with results.

MxPEG: 42@HD(1280x720), 34@Full-HD, 24@QXGA, 15@5Mp,
12@6MP

M-JPEG: 26@HD(1280x720), 13@Full-HD, 9@QXGA, 5@5Mp,
4@6MP

H.264: 25@Full-HD, 20@QXGA

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Mar 28, 2018

You have one/two options from Sony. SNC-CX600 (PoE) and CX600W (wireless). Typical "office" camera with built in microphone, loudspeaker PIR sensor for white LED activation in ttl darkness (MD).  Loudspeaker is quite bad (small) but mike is sufficient. On short distance works well. 1280x720@30FPS@H.264. Bracket included in the box.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions