Subscriber Discussion

Mxinstaller Trashes IPVM Report Six Years After Release

U
Undisclosed #1
May 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Keeping with Mobotix's unofficial tag line of "Better Late than Never!" (H.264, ONVIF, MxControl rewrite, reset button), the infamous MxInstaller produced a video "Review" of IPVM's Security Managers Guide, 2008 edition, which IPVM released six years earlier!

The video which was released in Dec 2014, ignores 99% of the content to focus on how the "independent author" (J.H.), clearly did not foresee the coming Canon acquisition that would occur 5 years later:

Unintentional Mobotix snub at 3:46.

Question, does MxInstaller realize the report is from 6 years earlier?

(1)
JH
John Honovich
May 16, 2016
IPVM

I saw that when it was first posted (I subscribe to hundreds of YouTube channels) but only watched the first minute and then went about my day. I am not sure if anyone even mentioned this to me before you.

Here is the original 2008 2 page post on IPVM: Danger of Buying Packages. It still holds up quite well.

Btw, I really do think other manufacturers should get an MxInstaller. It's a good way to do non-traditional marketing and way more interesting content than trade magazines.

U
Undisclosed #1
May 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I saw that when it was first posted (I subscribe to hundreds of YouTube channels) but only watched the first minute and then went about my day.

I'm not sure I even watched it the first time I saw a link to it, but it has been showing up on Twitter as of late, and I clicked on the video thinking it was an IPVM video. This last time I was setting up a new system and did a search for "IPVM" on Twitter:

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions