JH
John Honovich
Sep 22, 2013
IPVM

Good idea? Bad idea?

Brian Rhodes
Sep 22, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Probably not a bad idea for a temporary install (nice driploop), but easy to mess with (no conduit, rodent chewing of cables, ice/snow loading of fasteners into tree) and prone to all sorts of false alarm recordings (dripping water, snow, squirrels, etc)

I see this, and my first question: Too cheap for a pole ?

Brian Karas
Sep 22, 2013
Pelican Zero

On a sturdy tree like that, it's probaby fine. Most likely a tradeoff, especially if they're not intending for it to be a long-term install.

I've seen plenty of cameras mounted on similar trees, doesn't seem to be an issue. One place (residence) has them painted camoflauge, made them really hard to spot, and you don't tend to look at trees for camera mounting locations.

JH
Joshua Herron
Sep 22, 2013

Trees were made for mounting cameras - why else would they have those integrated cabling management arms? Choose the ones slightly shorter than the others because they also are giant lightning rods.

JH
Joshua Herron
Sep 22, 2013

Oh yeah - don't pick the ones with squirrels either.

MI
Matt Ion
Sep 23, 2013

More importantly, is this camera pointing at any hot tubs??

Jonathan Lawry
Sep 23, 2013
Trecerdo, LLC

I suppose the installer can claim his systems can grow with you.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 23, 2013
IPVM

Hey, if the camera needs to be moved higher, no need for a truck roll, just wait a year!

SP
Sean Patton
Sep 23, 2013

If a camera in the forest captures video, and no one is watching it, does the DVR retain the video?

Brian Rhodes
Sep 23, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Ooooh, everything is always so philosophical with you.

CS
Chris Scott
Sep 24, 2013

Never thought I would get new one liners from here.......but thank you!

JA
J. A. 'Cal' Calcaterra
Oct 01, 2013

Seems like the first time the clouds sneezed it would be a problem.

Nice to see what it's looking at.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions