Subscriber Discussion

Mountain Top, Cold Weather PTZ With IR

AV
Aaron Vance
Oct 25, 2016

I have a project that will require an outdoor PTZ that can handle cold/snowy/icy weather conditions and also has integrated IR if possible. The site has no artificial light overnight.  I looked at encasing the PTZ in a Dotworkz enclosure but know that I won't be able to utilize the integrated IR features if we do that. I would welcome any thoughts.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Oct 25, 2016

Maybe a Flir DNZ30TL2RP, here

Jon Dillabaugh
Oct 25, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

How about a Hikvision 4K PTZ that is rated down to -40 degrees and includes a wiper?

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 25, 2016
IPVMU Certified

How about a Hikvision 4K PTZ that is rated down to -40 degrees and includes a wiper?

Normally I would ask whether that is -40 C or F, but in this case its unecessary :)

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Oct 25, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Which is exactly why I didn't mention it.

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #3
Oct 25, 2016

Uniview is the only company that has a PTZ that is still in operation on the Tibetan Plateau. The Tibetan Plateau is one of the harshest environments in the world, experiencing winter and summer in the same day.

Harsh environment PTZ

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 25, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Uniview is the only company that has a PTZ that is still in operation on the Tibetan Plateau.

What company made the last one to fail?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #3
Oct 25, 2016

I do not have this information, sorry.

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 25, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Maybe this one, since it was still working just a year and a half ago.

IR Laser Camera Guards Tibet

(1)
AR
Austin Rich
Oct 25, 2016

Would the Panasonic Aero PTZ fit the bill? Windshield wiper, mechanical and digital image stabilization, temps down to -50 degrees celsius, integrated IR, built in defroster, smart codecs, etc. The spec sheet is pretty impressive and it certainly seems durable in person.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions