Subscriber Discussion

Motion Notifications With Exacq VMS And Samsung Cameras

JD
Justin Dover
Jan 24, 2017

I have an Exacqvision VMS and about 35+ Samsung cameras.  All of my cameras are set to record motion 24/7.  I have 3 or 4 cameras that I want to send email notifications if a motion is detected ONLY during certain times of the day.  I want them to record motion 24/7.  From talking with Exacq support, I can only choose a single schedule for both motion and notifications.  It will not allow me to setup one schedule for motion(24/7) and the second schedule for notifications of motion(11 PM to 5 AM).

I have tested Video Insight's VMS and they have a "rule" feature that allows me to accomplish this.  I can create a rule that the VMS software will shoot out an email when during the times I want but it doesn't not interfere with the motion recording.

Any suggestions on how to get this accomplished with my Exacq server?  The reason behind this is to notify our security team of anyone is on our property after hours.

CW
Craig Wilson
Jan 24, 2017

you should be able to create an event and have it email out between time frames without any issues. create your notification, go into event linking and set one of these up for each camera you care about.

event type = video motion,

event source = (camera)

action type = notify,

action target = Whatever you set up

then go into schedule and set the alarm for the window of time 11pm - 5am. 

This should work without any issues, and do exactly what you want, email on motion events during that time frame. 

(2)
Ryan Hulse
Jan 24, 2017

This is correct.  I will add that there is a second way to accomplish this.

When creating the Event Linking rule, you can create an "AND" rule.  Use the Source Group Event Type and create a Source Group comprised of two events:

- Time Trigger matching the period of time you want notifications

- Video motion on the camera 

Craig's method is probably a bit easier, but wanted to highlight Source Groups, as it  can be used to set up AND or OR rules to accomplish a lot of interesting things.

(2)
JD
Justin Dover
Jan 24, 2017

Under event type I do not have notify....

CW
Craig Wilson
Jan 24, 2017

what version are you running? 

Start, Pro, Enterprise, Edge? 

JD
Justin Dover
Jan 24, 2017

Professional

I just updated to 8.2

CW
Craig Wilson
Jan 24, 2017

what version is your server on? Client and Server on the same version? I am running pro an I used my setup to respond to your question. double check what versions you are on. 

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 24, 2017
IPVMU Certified

its under event linking, not event monitoring

(1)
JD
Justin Dover
Jan 24, 2017

That worked under event linking.  Thank you.  Now that I have that working, do you know if there is a way that will allow the email notification to use the camera name in the subject of the body of the message?  

Ryan Hulse
Jan 24, 2017

In your notification setup, you can use variables.  See the help on that page:

Enter a Subject and Message information that should appear in the email notification. You can automatically insert camera names using the bracketed tag {source} and the date and time using {date format=%H:%M:%S}. You can also include a link to the video {weblink}, serial information {serial}, the MAC address {licensed mac}, and more (see the image above for a syntax sample). Only the first instance of each tag is replaced; additional usage of the same tag in the same profile will cause the tag itself to appear in the message.

(2)
JD
Justin Dover
Jan 24, 2017

Thank you.  This is perfect.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions