Mobotix Manager Makes Fun Of Chinese Products, Joins Dahua, Quits

JH
John Honovich
Apr 13, 2016
IPVM

Funny or sour grapes?

Update 2018:

The Mobotix manager went to work for Chinese manufacturer Dahua and defended Chinese quality - Dahua ESM: "No One Can Prove" Our Backdoor Is Intentional. However, he quit Dahua and went to Konica Minolta, Mobotix' owner now.

(1)
(7)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 13, 2016

kinda funny but not based in reality. We (from the west) WISH it was the truth but unfortunately...

(3)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

We (from the west) WISH it was the truth...

It may take some time before Mobotix realizes it's actually from the East now.

(4)
Harrison Mitchell
Apr 13, 2016

The real irony here is that GammaX bikes are Chinese made.

(I get the "humor" of the image, just saying...)

(3)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Well it's ok cuz the car is not Chinese.

Paul Curran
Apr 17, 2016

Funny :)

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Apr 18, 2016

Haha. Now some BBA German cars are also made in China, does that make BBA cars to be worse than their competitors?

HF
Hunter Fort
Apr 18, 2016

yes it is actually pretty funny since you ask.

(2)
U
Undisclosed #4
Aug 05, 2016

I have repeatedly heard Mobotix reps making fun of Hikvision and Dahua in Australia. I would put it down to insecurity and fear rather than sour grapes.

I do love the picture though!!

(1)
MC
Marty Calhoun
Aug 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

They are just pissed off because HikVison makes a good quality product that includes (INTEGRATED IR by the way) for a reasonable cost.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Marty, nobody sounds pissed off here besides you.

(2)
(1)
(1)
Hal Bennick
Aug 05, 2016
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

(1)
(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Jan 09, 2018

The REALLY funny part is that his new employer is Chinese.  

JH
John Honovich
Jan 09, 2018
IPVM

Lol #5, you are right, he joined Dahua, that's funny and sad. Thanks for calling that out.

Also, he has changed his tune about Chinese quality problems: Dahua ESM: "No One Can Prove" Our Backdoor Is Intentional

JH
John Honovich
Jan 09, 2018
IPVM

Just checked LinkedIn (funny side note - he blocked me on LinkedIn) but he has since quit Dahua and joined Konica, the new owner of Mobotix.

(1)
(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Jan 09, 2018

Wow.  I bet his old bosses didn’t like that post very much.  Also, I’m not surprised that he blocked you. He really does like to hear his own opinion, and not anyone else’s.  I met him once for about an hour...I think I got three words in.  

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions