Subscriber Discussion

PTZ Domes Recommendations For Mobile Command Center

Jim Voige
Dec 20, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hi, I am rebuilding a mobile command center for the sheriff's office and looking for suggestions on cameras. Currently it has 2 dome cameras mounted on the underside of a 52 foot mast head. They are american dynamics 28X 4CIF cameras and the dome housings have failed at the connection point to the aluminum plate.  I would like to find something similar in a 4K type camera. Being in Colorado Heat and cooling in the dome is necessary. I have heard rumors of image stabilization in PTZ cameras but have not found any so far. Any suggestions would be Appreciated. We are also adding a IR camera for wildland fire management. Having a video port would be nice if possible since we currently have them cabled into a marshall twin video rack monitors and a Video switching Matrix.  

Ari Erenthal
Dec 20, 2016

I like the Bosch MIC-7230 for mobile command centers. They also have a thermal version, the MIC-612. 

Brian Rhodes
Dec 20, 2016
IPVMU Certified

have failed at the connection point to the aluminum plate

For clarity, is this a structural failure of the bracket, or a network connection point?

If structural, consider the old engineering adage: "When in doubt, make it stout." 

Ethan Ace
Dec 21, 2016

Right now there are very few 4K PTZ options available. The only two from major manufacturers I'm aware of are the Axis Q6128 and Hikvision 2DF8836

The Axis has image stabilization and is rated up to 65° C, but does not have IR.

Hikvision has integrated IR and is rated up to 40°C, but no image stabilization. I believe it also has an analog output which Axis does not, but I'm not 100% on that since I can't find a manual or proper photo of the cable whip. 

Both will run around $3000. You can compare the two in the Comparison Tool.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Dec 22, 2016

Hanwha PNP-9200RH is an IR PTZ with mechanical image stabilization, WiseStream, H.265, analog video out & more.  It is available now.

Gianni Viero
Dec 27, 2016
Videotec

Hello Jim

Videotec has a good track record of installs of our Ulisse line on mobile command center. The advantage of this form factor is that you have virtually no blind spots, if installed on a parapet mount, and you can tilt it 90degree above the horizon. We offer several option including image stabilization and thermal. The units are rated -40°F / +140°F.

Jim Voige
Dec 27, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Very interesting Product Line. Do you have a distributor that stocks in the US?

Jim

Gianni Viero
Dec 28, 2016
Videotec

Thank you Jim

Can you email me Gianni@videotec.com

Mark Rees
Dec 27, 2016
360 Vision Technology Ltd

Hi there

would love to help

we have a number of ruggedised PTZ solutions that we manufacture here in the U.K. - many especially designed for rapid deployment and vehicle use

we have SWIR, thermal, HD, combined HD & Thermal and other solutions that I think would suit your purpose, including solutions for very long range early warning forest fire detection (SWIR predominantly)

take a look over at my website, www.360visiontechnology.com or drop me a reply, would love to help and direct you to my North American colleagues for more details

regards

Mark

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions