I have an issue using Xprotect Essential with Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras that I wonder if anyone has encountered and solved. In the Xprotect client viewer the Hikvision cameras randomly loose connection for a couple of seconds on a fairly constant basis.
Talked to Milestone and they said it was because I was using a windows 10 PC as the server and 10 was not supported, so I pulled out 10 and put in 7. This is an new Intel I7 with 16GB ram and a 4GB Video card, so I don't think it's performance related. All the cameras are stable in the Xprotect management application or in a browser, but in the Xprotect client they drop all the time. I’ve tried dropping resolution, frame rate to 8 and setting at VBR and CBR high caps and low, dropping quality, turning off firewalls. All changes make no difference.
Milestone now tells me I need to roll back the firmware on the cameras (it’s 8.2 vs. 8.1). My customer is about to make me rip the system out, anyone encountered and solved this issue.