Subscriber Discussion

Milestone W/ Hikvision Vs. FLIR

Carlo Di Leo
Jun 18, 2015

Hey,

I have a client that is comparing our proposal which includes Milestone VMS and Hikvision cameras to a full FLIR system (cameras and recorders). Any comments on the FLIR system? Are the cameras comparable to Hikvision, does the FLIR software work properly? It is for a school environment, about 30 cameras.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 18, 2015
IPVM

Carlo, I am assuming when you say FLIR here, you mean conventional cameras, not thermal. FLIR's conventional cameras are typically Dahua OEMs and therefore are competitive with Hikvision.

Likewise, FLIR DVR / NVRs are typically Dahua OEMs and are therefore likely have less functionalities but lower cost than Milestone.

Carlo Di Leo
Jun 18, 2015

Yes, its FLIR non-thermal. I figured theya re OEMS.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 18, 2015
IPVM

Carlo,

You might want to counter with a second, lower tier proposal, which includes a Hikvision recorder, which would be more apples to apples. Then they can pick / see the difference between Milestone VMS and FLIR / Hik / Dahua recorder.

Greg M. Ray
Jun 22, 2015

If it's me I go with HIK. I use FLIR on small residential jobs they do ok. I use HIK on larger jobs never replaced a camera with HIK...had to replace FLIR cameras twice on one home.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions