Subscriber Discussion

Milestone Take Alarm From Fixed Camera And Target PTZ?

JS
John Saunders
Jan 30, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Can the Milestone Corporate (or Enterprise, if that is the only way) VMS take an alarm from a fixed camera (e.g. motion or analytics) and target a PTZ to that alarm? Thanks.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 30, 2017

You can download a trial of any Milestone product.  I always recommend testing.

Milestone in general has a very robust rules engine for items like this.  However, I don't believe it will be able to "track an object" in the way that some PTZs of the past did.  I believe you will need multiple preset positions linked to motion detection zones.

Avoid Enterprise - it's at end of support.  Upgrading to Expert or downgrading to Professional are better options.

(1)
(1)
Josh Hendricks
Jan 30, 2017
Milestone Systems

I'm a backline support engineer for Milestone

All of our product versions allow you to move to a preset position on event. So any event available to Milestone on that camera or any other camera, or even 3rd party integrations can be used to activate a preset position on a camera.

I may be reading too much into your question but I sense that you might want to target specific coordinates? If so, that is currently out of the scope of our software but we have solution partners like ShotSpotter who are able do that, or at least close to it.

To do it in XProtect Corporate you would create a rule, based on an action. In the end it would look something like...

Perform an action on Motion Started (HW)
from <camera>
Move device to position <preset> immediately with PTZ priority <priority>

(4)
JS
John Saunders
Jan 30, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Thanks very much for both responses, helps me a lot.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions