Subscriber Discussion

Milestone As SMS???

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 25, 2015

One of local security integrator is offering Milestone as a SMS? Did you seen (or) involved in a project where Milestone act as SMS?

JH
John Honovich
Aug 25, 2015
IPVM

By SMS, you mean Security Management Software / System? In other words, Milestone acting as the head-end for video, access, intrusion, etc.

I could see that happening. Milestone is neither a PSIM nor an access control provider, but they do have a fair amount of advanced management features and increasing access control integration. Related: Genetec and Milestone Access Tested

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 27, 2015

Integrator says that lenel is integrated with Milestone so it can act as front-end SMS. I don't how much control we will get from milestone to lenel! Whether we can do all the functionality of lenel through milestone corporate/entr?? OR only limited control receive door open/close messages along with access messages???

U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 25, 2015

I've seen a few central station's try to use Milestone as an SMS platform. It never really worked exactly as they expected. I don't think that is any direct fault of Milestone's, it's just that VMS software is ultimately different from event handling and automation software.

(3)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions