Manufacturers, Rejoice! ASIS Is Going To Help You Out At ASIS 2016

JH
John Honovich
Aug 21, 2016
IPVM

Day 3 of ASIS is typically horrible, even for ASIS' diminishing levels.

But now, ASIS has made a move that is sure to help the manufacturers. Here it is:

Lunch on Wednesday to be held in the Exhibit Hall in lieu of the traditional seated luncheon. Registrants with an All Access Pass or Wednesday’s One Day Pass will be given vouchers to use for food and beverage at the concession eateries

For exhibitors, this is clearly good as it will force attendees to come into the conference hall and walk through the exhibits to the food court.

As for attendees, they may not be all that excited to give up their seated luncheon for a hot dog and pretzel...

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

For your convienence, Food vouchers will available directly at all vendor exhibits simply by presenting your pass at the booth of your choice. *Beverage and Dessert vouchers will also be available at all exhibits.

*Limit one coupon per booth

;)

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Aug 21, 2016

If the booths are each giving away vouchers, I wonder if the cost of this 'free food' is being distributed across the participating vendors based on how many vouchers each gives out?

i.e. each booth has vouchers with some type of unique identifier...

JH
John Honovich
Aug 21, 2016
IPVM

1 is trying to be funny.

1, stop adding jokes to direct quotes. People cannot tell if you are highlighting a real quote or adding in your own joke.

There is no information or claim from ASIS that vouchers will be provided at exhibits.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

1, stop adding jokes to direct quotes. People cannot tell if you are highlighting a real quote or adding in your own joke.

Sorry, won't happen again.

There is no information or claim from ASIS that vouchers will be provided at exhibits.

True.

Of course, vouchers have been provided at ASIS exhibits before, though they have been fully vendor sponsored:

MC
Marty Calhoun
Aug 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I think I will stick with taking my chances at ISC west....

JE
Jim Elder
Sep 10, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I think its a great move and refreshing that my association is doing something different. I've been a member more than 30 years now and have attended the conference every year except one. I always hated to leave the exhibit area during lunch. Although I do attend some of the seminars, I love the exhibit space and learning new tech. Maybe its just me, but I don't have to be "forced" to go to the exhibit area. I actually enjoy it.

Note to manufacturers..... have a bar or seating of some sort, maybe some tv trays?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions