Manufacturers, Are These The Hidden Best Booths At ASIS?

JH
John Honovich
May 09, 2017
IPVM

Many manufacturers are upset with ASIS' poor performance the past few years. 

Now, ASIS has made a significance change for 2017 that could help certain manufacturers get great traffic at much lower prices. Inside, we examine.

JH
John Honovich
May 09, 2017
IPVM

The worst booths are typically the ones in the back of the show floor.

But ASIS is now forcing all keynote attendees every morning to exit on to the exhibit show floor. And, interestingly, this exit is at the back of the show floor in an area where most booths are unsold.

See below, focus on the upper right hand side with the red arrow which is the keynote entrance:

Notice, that right next to the red arrow is a sea of light blue booths, indicating they are unsold. Those booths are going to be prime real estate as attendees come out of the keynotes.

On the other hand, if you are the far left side, that might be as quiet as library.

Here is the ASIS 2017 full floorplan.

So, what do you think? Good move to force keynote attendees to exit through the exhibits? If you are a manufacturer, does this entice you?

(3)
JH
John Honovich
May 09, 2017
IPVM

Btw, President George W Bush is the keynote speaker Monday but that is the day before exhibits start.

(2)
Brian Karas
May 09, 2017
IPVM

If I was an exhibitor and not told about this when selecting my space I would be pretty annoyed to learn this now. 

(6)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
May 09, 2017

I've heard about it earlier this year but on the other hand it seems that ASIS isn't using it as a selling card since as you mention this area is not sold yet...

ASIS was pretty bad the last few years, i'm not sure how good it's going to be this year but i would have loved to see some survey how much ROI companies see from ASIS.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
May 09, 2017

Also i meant survey what companies feel about 2017.

JH
John Honovich
May 09, 2017
IPVM

We did the 2016 one for ASIS. We really can't do a new survey for a show that has not happened.

CH
Chris Hammond
May 10, 2017

"On the other hand, if you are the far left side, that might be as quiet as library"

Food Court is all the way to the left. Who knows, it might be the busiest end of the show.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions