Manager Watches His Sales Guys On Surveillance Camera

JH
John Honovich
Jan 02, 2014
IPVM

Innovator! Love it!

"With 12 days left to go in the month, numbers wobbly, Freddie laid it on thick during his weekly meeting with the sales team. He told them he's watching them over the dealership security cams.

I look through the video. I watch you guys in there, all on your computers, going to different websites, chilling. Dude, get on higher gear. This is no joke. I got to be at that number, or I'm telling you, I'm not going to be a nice guy."

Integrators, you need to sell this to your customers :)

Brian Rhodes
Jan 02, 2014
IPVMU Certified

The majority of camera systems I have been involved with were centrally interested in surveilling employees versus external threats.

Common types of requests: The break rooms get a camera, the smoking shed gets a camera, there is a mandatory office 'open door' policy so the hallway camera can see whose office lights are on, etc.

There is always a manager who wants to see what the cadre is doing at any time.

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Jan 03, 2014
IPVMU Certified

For us employee surveillance is a very common reason for customers to deploy surveillance systems. Even with intrusion and access customers like seeing when employees come and go from work and how often they stop in after hours. Unfortunately employee theft is a huge problem for employers whether theft of time or materials. Employers are looking for ways to let employees know they are being held accountable and being watched.

Gautam Goradia
Jan 13, 2014

Hi. Here are some more scenarios I can see to prevent losses/improve business processes, using Video Surveillance:

(a) “Why is this product selling well in New York but not in San Francisco”?
(b) “What do our customers feel about our new promotional schemes across our stores”?
(c) “We are seeing lots of footfalls at our Madison Avenue store, but sales aren’t going up”?
(d) “Is our display area clean? Do we have sufficient stocks on the shelves at all times. Oh look! that expensive bag’s missing, but I can’t remember it being billed”?
(e) “Why are there such long queues? Our customers are looking so agitated”.
(f) “Look the teller is missing at the cash counter”.
(g) “Oh look! The guard is taking a nap.”
(h) “Gosh. That fellow is smoking in the ICU (or worse, if it’s a petroleum plant, or oil tanker).”
(i) “Where is the harness? We don’t want to be sued.”
(j) “Were our stores all closed and opened as per SOPs”?
(k) “Were all the cameras working throughout the day”?
(l) “It’s likely that there is some collusion with our staff at the POS. We’re losing money due to pilferage and returns”
(m) “Why have these bunch of people gathered here? Is something being planned?”
(n) “This car has been here four times each day for the last 3 days. Is this a recce of some sort”?
(o) “Got you! You’re not supposed to be copying. This is an examination bro.”
(p) “Look at that. Those kids are not wearing seat belts. There is so much commotion in the school bus”.
(q) “That guest is smoking on a non-smoking floor of our hotel”.
(r) “That cleaner has left behind such a wet floor in the lobby. If someone slips, we are in big trouble”.

Unfortunately, customers do not make good use of video data that can help them take so many business decisions; and, really, it's not their fault. It's not very easy to review footage efficiently and rapidly.

Cheers
Gautam

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions