Magnetic Camera Mounting Options?

Ethan Ace
Jun 02, 2017

For temporary camera mounting, who makes magnetic mounts? I see that Panavise has a box camera 1/4-20 option:

Magdaddy also has a magnetic kit that looks like it might work for other form factor, but the documentation isn't clear:

Does anyone have experience with these or have other options? Especially curious how well they hold cameras of varying weights, not just relatively light box models.

Brian Karas
Jun 02, 2017
IPVM

I have always liked/used the RAM mounts, and they recently added a magnetic base as well. There are lots of options to build up just about any kind of mount system for cameras (or other devices).

NB
Nicolas Bellego
Jun 02, 2017

I use magnet for trade show.

No worry at all even for PTZ camera.

Magnet like this one

https://www.supermagnete.fr/aimants-en-pot-trou-biseaute/aimant-en-pot-avec-trou-de-fixation-biseaute-diametre-25mm-neodyme-n38-nickele_CSN-25

(1)
(2)
MB
Matt Bischof
Jun 02, 2017

Specifically, does anyone know of a magnetic mount suitable for temporarily surface-mounting a dome camera to drywall?

(2)
JE
Jim Elder
Jun 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I just installed a couple of Arlo cams, they have a magnet installed in the camera. A bracket including with the camera is a simple button-like product with a metal half sphere. Works good, but restricts mobility somewhat. This bracket (Very similar to Brian's noted product) is available for $25 and looks like it will resolve my issues.  This mount also makes the camera essentially portable (at least within range of the central unit). Put a camera in the grandkids playroom when they visit; move it out to the deck when they are playing outside. 

MM
Michael Miller
Jun 02, 2017

I have always just ordered magnets and attached them to different mounts as needed or used them on dome cameras.  Works great for proof a concept.

Check these guys out: https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RX033CS-N

CH
Corbin Hambrick
Jun 05, 2017

I've used the magdaddy's and LOVE them.  We've also used their J-Hooks and the time savings is well worth the price.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions