IPVMU Certified | 08/19/13 04:04pm
We are ramping Access coverage up with our test door. We recently did an install guide for electric strikes, and we are doing the same for maglocks.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
1. This will be a semi-permanent piece of hardware we use in multiple tests, so nothing odd (built in CCTV camera, LED readouts, Delayed Egress, etc)
2. Smaller model. No need for a 2700 pound bond, when something modest will fairly represent lock/unlock cycles.
3. Separate power supply will be used. No 'PoE' or 'pass-thru' low current models will be considered
4. Door is a right-hand reverse opening.
5. RTE devices are part of the test door.
Your feedback on specific types or brands you would like us to use are welcome. Most maglocks are built and install relatively the same way, and for the purposes of the guide it will be good general info.
In that same vein, which EAC tests or evaluations would you like to see?
- Different types of door position switches?
- A contrast between an IP controller and serial based system?
- Biometric readers?
Please, share your thoughts and offer recommendations.