Subscriber Discussion

Alarm If Car Does Not Exit Within Prescribed Period Of Time?

JS
John Saunders
Nov 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I'm wondering if this is possible ...

Have existing LPR camera at a parkade gate to view entry and exit - it is the only way in or out. Is there a way, using either VMS or the access system (in this particular case Lenel), to use the plate DB to create an  alarm if, for instance, a plate goes in, but does not exit for a prescribed period of time? Essentially object left behind, but the object is a car, and we know it is left behind because the LPR camera saw it go in at 1 pm but 8 hours later it had not exited. Thanks.

Ethan Ace
Nov 23, 2016

Hey John, is the VMS Lenel as well or something else? And are you running LPR software or just using a license plate capture camera (not automatically reading)?

Of the top of my head, this is possible with Genetec AutoVu, but I believe it's part of their parking integrations. It can likely be done with other platforms, but not sure what it would take to do it.

JS
John Saunders
Nov 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

the VMS is Prism, but the client doesn't like it much and is probably going to change it out for Genetec / Milestone, etc. The LPR cameras are functional, but they presently are not connected to anything at all. They aren't being utilized.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions