Subscriber Discussion

Looking For True Central Stations That Do Remote Guard Service

Brian Levy
Jan 04, 2019

If anyone can recommend a remote guard service that works with Genetec and IC Realtime NVRs. We want a true monitoring company, who are themselves not integrators, but offer remote guard service. These companies should already be doing this service and understand how to integrate with Genetec and IC Realtime platforms. Please email me with recommendations at brian.levy@sovsecurity.com

LJ
Lee Jones
Jan 06, 2019
Support Services Group

What a novel idea… detect an abnormal condition and quickly send somebody to determine cause.   Sounds like something we saw many decades ago. Nice to see confidence in component selection, component placement, customer orientation, remote monitoring… all integrated without the need for local police, unless/until a 911 type emergency is witnessed.

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Jan 06, 2019

What are you planning on using for analytics?  Dahua analytics are not the best so not sure you would want to use them for remote monitoring on events. 

(1)
Brian Levy
Jan 07, 2019

Michael,

We sell a variety of solutions with various types of analytics. We also have some machine learning system we use as well. IC Realtime's Smart Ella is a great machine learning product. www.smartella.com 

Regards,

Brian 

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 07, 2019

Yes, I know IC Realtime's Smart Ella www.camio.com well.  You will have to find a monitoring station that supports Ella or Camio.

(1)
Todd Privette
Jan 07, 2019
WFS

Camio yes thats the one! 

So that beds the question camio or Ella?

its not exactly the same!

seems like camio is marked up a little as ella but not sure and what support features would each offer? 

And can we do more with canio than ella?

i used ella on a neighborhood job and i think its cool but is costly. 

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 07, 2019

Never a fan of OEMs.  I use CAMIO over Ella

(1)
Brian Levy
Jan 07, 2019

Guys,

Ella actually is a different version of the Camio software geared towards security. It's not apples to apples. Camio is geared towards consumers and it's no secret. I think that Ella is a really nice product, and it does some amazing things that I have not seen anywhere else. I would recommend you take a look at both of them and you will see the differences. It can get expensive, but it is really meant for the most important cameras you have, not all of them. 

Meanwhile, Michael, what analytics do you like? 

Thanks,

Brian 

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Jan 07, 2019

Brian is Carter telling you its different or is IC Realtime telling you it's different?  IC Realtime has a history of not being truthful about products they OEM.   

Todd Privette
Jan 07, 2019
WFS

I have deployed a smart Ella system and is interesting how they do their plans, the company ella is IcRealtimes OEM of another product - and not sure witch is better to deal with - icrealtime seems to be having software issues in a way, i have trouble adding users icrealtime cant always help.

but i like Ella so fare but not sure why that ties to the video monitoring subject. 

Can i offer a monitoring solution with ella as well? 

Todd Privette
Jan 06, 2019
WFS

I too want to know Central stations that can monitor video for ICRealtime. 
And a nice list of all the VMS and who works with what! 

That is a hard list to compile I bet.

Meghan Uhl
Jan 07, 2019

I don't know if they work with your VMS'S but we use Eyeforce in Texas.  They're wonderful and pretty flexible.  They've monitored us for Hik, Mobotix and Axis so far.

(1)
(1)
(1)
Brian Levy
Jan 07, 2019

Thank you Meghan. Any suggested contacts? Feel free to email me at 

brian.levy@sovsecurity.com 

Thanks again.

Jacqui Didieu
Jan 07, 2019

We offer remote guard services.  Feel free to contact me for more information.

(2)
Brian Levy
Jan 07, 2019

Great. Please feel free to email me at brian.levy@sovsecurity.com 

JH
John Honovich
Jan 07, 2019
IPVM

Jacqui, you need to disclose / explain your company so that it is not just a vague promotion.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 07, 2019

What would be really great is to learn their pricing structure right off the bat without an hour long phone call. I have company that charges xx per hour for 1-16 cameras which makes it pretty expensive for 1-2 cameras.Another that charges xx per camera for x hours.

It is all across the board when it comes to pricing.

(2)
Brian Levy
Jan 07, 2019

I have noticed the wide variation in pricing. It appears like the virtual guard industry is just figuring out how to sell these services. As security products get smarter and better at notifying people these companies will mature their offerings. The pricing is okay for 1 or 2 cameras, but to monitor 16 cameras could cost an arm and a leg. 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions