Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Information On Panasonic WV-CW974

Darren Boyer
Oct 04, 2017
Lightcatch

Wanted to compare camera to other ones currently in production.

https://security.panasonic.com/products/wv-cw974

JH
John Honovich
Oct 04, 2017
IPVM

Darren, Are you looking for a Panasonic specific modern / current alternative / replacement? Or are you looking for PTZs in general? Can you expand on what you want?

For others, for clarity, that Panasonic model is ~10 years old.

Darren Boyer
Oct 04, 2017
Lightcatch

Thanks John I naively plugged this model into the Camera comparison tool and was going to compare it with the Axis Q6155-E.  I thought these cameras were about 5 yrs old not 10.

We have a customer who is considering upgrading but wanted to make sure their spend was going to produce real differences in image quality and speed to focus as the Axis unit advertises.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 04, 2017
IPVM

That Panasonic PTZ lists 540TVL analog for resolution. If memory serves me correctly, it was a great camera in its era but against modern cameras, it is not contest - better resolution, better WDR, better low light, etc.

Darren Boyer
Oct 04, 2017
Lightcatch

Thanks again - the customer wanted to conduct a live comparison as well and I can take this information and use it.  

JH
John Honovich
Oct 04, 2017
IPVM

Ok, let us know if we can help.

Btw, in terms of new PTZs, the most interesting recent new PTZ we have seen is the Axis laser focus PTZ (see test). That is a material improvement in PTZ performance, even beyond the general advancement in resolution, low light, WDR, etc.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions