Subscriber Discussion

Adding Storage To An Avigilon Server

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 22, 2017

We are having a hard time adding storage for our Avigilon VMA-AS1-8P2 server appliance. Has anyone added storage to their appliance?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 22, 2017

Aren't those Windows based machines and what problem are you having exactly? What is not working or where does it fail at? How are you trying to add storage and what is the connection method to the storage?

Roman Roxer
Sep 22, 2017
IPVMU Certified

In this device you have only one 2 TB HDD on which you have also Windows 7 embedded. This is very small device at it can have only one HDD so you can not add another HDD. If you would like to increase the capacity you need to replace the existing HDD with the new one. I would not do that if your device is still in warranty.

MM
Michael Miller
Sep 22, 2017

Yea your only real option is to replace the single drive or at some iSCSI storage. 

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 25, 2017

I attempted upgrading with a NAS box or even iSCSI target. For some reason the software does not recognized any additional drives. Only local drives. I attempted with Buffallo boxes, QNAP boxes etc.. no luck.  IPVM please test this! :) 

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Sep 25, 2017

I've previously added external storage although it was only a single 4TB HDD to the 4TB version of that Appliance NVR. Don't forget to rename the drive or else it won't be recognized as mentioned above. Other than that it was plain sailing.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
Sep 26, 2017

An iSCSI target should work but a NAS will not as ACC needs to see the storage as a local drive to Windows. You could try using the E-Sata port on the front of the unit but I have never ever tested it. 

(1)
Matt Worthington
Oct 06, 2017

You  should use the eSATA port on the front to connect an external HDD.  Make sure the drive shows up in Disk Management

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions