Subscriber Discussion

Smartvms VMS2000 Information?

Stephen Lem
Mar 07, 2017

Has anyone heard of a VMS product called SmartVMS? From what I can see it looks like it's meant for utility companies versus growops.  Could someone comment whether this is a serious competitor to Avigilon, Milestone, or Genetec?

Thanks

Stephen

JH
John Honovich
Mar 07, 2017
IPVM

Stephen,

I have never heard of them nor can I find any previous references.

They do have a LinkedIn page which describes them as such:

SWI is a value added systems integrator that has designed, assembled, and integrated various best in class components to offer a complete intelligent video surveillance solution tailored specifically for electric utility applications. [emphasis added]

However, they do list a few software developers among their employees on LinkedIn.

I do not know enough about them to compare them to anyone else. In general, though, unless they have some amazing specific features for the market you want, it's risker to deploy products from a company so small when they are many mature options on the market.

Stephen Lem
Mar 09, 2017

Hi John,

Thanks for the info. I was skeptical when I searched their website. It was passed on by my CFO so I thought I'd ask the group here. I'm already set on one of the larger VMS brands and had to do my due diligence.

Stepeh

JH
John Honovich
Mar 09, 2017
IPVM

Stephen, thanks for the feedback! Let us know if anything more comes up with that company SWI.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions