Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Information On EOCORTEX

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 12, 2017

Hi,

does anyone have experience with Eocortex software?

I am literally being stalked by a sales manager from Russia who insists that I try their VMS software which includes face recognition, license plate recognition and so on.

However, I did not find any review on Eocortex software on IPVM and also do not trust downloading software from an insecure website (http://www.eocortex.com)

JH
John Honovich
Sep 12, 2017
IPVM

I have never heard of eocortex, this is the first time the name has been mentioned on IPVM and I have no references in my email archives.

However, Eocortex has the same CEO as Macroscop (Artem Razumko). We have some discussion on Macroscop.

Also, the websites are largely the same, here's Eocortex:

And her's Macroscop:

#1, did that sale manager mention Macroscop?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 12, 2017

Hello John,

On macroscop's site, they indeed mention that they've changed names. Macroscop is now called Eocortex.

You can download a free trial software from the eocortex site, perhaps ipvm can test it?

They claim a lot of installations with high camera counts in Russia and Eastern Europe, and are now expanding to Western Europe.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 12, 2017
IPVM

You can download a free trial software from the eocortex site, perhaps ipvm can test it?

What is Macroscop / Eocortex claiming is better than the other ~100 VMSes out there? I read through their website and the claims are pretty similar to others (though points deducted for them claiming ONVIF support while no listing of them being actually conformant on ONVIF's website).

U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 12, 2017
IPVMU Certified

...points deducted for them claiming ONVIF support while no listing of them being actually conformant on ONVIF's website).

Though it should be noted that they went beyond the typical misleading (but philisophically defensible*) "ONVIF compatible" text by claiming to be an actual ONVIF member as well, complete with a helpful if brazen link to the real ONVIF site, on which they cannot be found:

*Assuming of course that they do work with ONVIF cameras in practice.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions