Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Information On Discreet Wireless Cameras Manufacturers

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 09, 2016

Hello everyone

Im looking for reliable brand for covert/discreet wireless cameras. Ill appreciate any information about tested and reliable products out there.

A client specifically asked for this as against the regular cameras. How reliable are these wireless cameras anyway?

Todd Morris
May 09, 2016

I would be happy to add my thoughts. Just a question or three to clarify;

When you say "Wireless" do you mean Wifi or 2.4ghz digital transmitter to a receiver? or are you asking about (cordless) battery operated or some combination?

What is the use case?

Is there any requirement that the cameras connect to a particular VMS?

Feel free to reply here or email me diectly if you prefer todd@brickhousesecurity.com

-Todd

U
Undisclosed #2
May 09, 2016

Iffy on how helpful this comment will be - but the Blackhawk Imaging (formerly Scallop Imaging - acquired by Vision Technologies) cameras (180 degrees, etc..) had a very pleasant, unique look to them-- not like a camera at all really. I had them in our lunch area as we were running tests.. I asked several employees (for kicks- not for a formal survey) if they could pick out the camera. None of them could.

Great look, great coverage and images. Might be worth a look. I'm sure John has written some more about them on IPVM that can provide more info. Cheers.

Jon Dillabaugh
May 10, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

You said wireless, so I assume you mean IP based cameras, as opposed to stand alone/edge recording cams. Do you know how you will power these cams? Have you told your client that WiFi based cameras are less reliable and easy to disrupt? I could theoretically disable your cameras from a distance by blasting your building with interfering signals, blocking out your WiFi.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions