Subscriber Discussion

Opinions On Axis NVR S2008?

Brad Peterson
Apr 18, 2017

Considering the Axis NVR  S2008, would like more information.

Brian Rhodes
Apr 18, 2017
IPVMU Certified

What type of information are you looking for?

User experience?  Pricing?  Durability?

Thanks,

JH
John Honovich
Apr 18, 2017
IPVM

Brad, Axis NVRs are not a common choice overall, mainly because they are not cheap (i.e., a Chinese 8 channel NVR is in the $500 or less range vs $2,200 range for this Axis NVR) and not as full featured as Exacq or Milestone, etc. in a similar price range.

With Axis NVRs, you are using Axis Camera Station software, which we have a test here.

If you are using all Axis cameras and don't have plans for non-Axis products and are not very price sensitive (which choosing all Axis cameras would imply) than Axis NVRs should be fine. Otherwise, many other options to choose.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 19, 2017

We mainly sell Axis cameras, but typically prefer other VMS. We do a lot of Avigilon, so their HD Video Appliance series is comparable in hardware (the actual software is better in my opinion), however it's not much cheaper than the Axis solution. Exacq is well priced with their LC-series and M-series NVRs and their software is fairly solid.

JR
John Richardson
Apr 19, 2017

The AXIS NVRs are a solid choice for an Axis solution but if i'm honest - a little slow and a little too expensive.

The software is much nicer to look at and use than Exacq or similar but I wouldn't count on any 3rd party support (an area where Exacq shines).

Brad Peterson
Apr 22, 2017

Thanks for the info guys, I will stear clear of the Axis NVR for the reasons mentioned.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions