Looking For Information On Axis Q3708-PVE Vs Hikvision DS-2CD6986F

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 04, 2016

Axis Q3708-PVE vs  Hikvision DS-2CD6986F

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Nov 10, 2016

I've got a few Q3708-PVE's that I've tested internally. Image quality is solid, but right now they're plagued with a bug that causes them to stop streaming to a VMS (tested with Milestone and Avigilon), and when you go into the camera web interface one or two of the sensors have stopped showing up. A simple reboot of the camera solves it (also tested and reproduced with two of them), but obviously it's an annoyance. Hoping they fix it with a firmware update soon.

Depending on the coverage you require the new Axis P3707-PE looks pretty slick (4 x 2MP sensors). Going to get to testing it sometime in the near future, and have already got a couple customers who have purchased them.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 10, 2016

Hmm, sounds like the early issues with the Q3709-PVE rearing it's head again. I would contact them for a replacement. Had the same problem with a couple Q3709-PVEs, sent them back, and the replacements have worked fine ever since.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 11, 2016
IPVM

#2, feedback from Axis:

The issue is likely related to how some VMS pulls additional streams from the camera and therefore a firmware bug.

We have developed a firmware that is currently undergoing QA testing, and we would be happy to send this firmware as a test release to the customer to see if it solves the problem.

We kindly ask the customer to create a support ticket with Axis so we can send over the firmware and investigate the issues further.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Nov 11, 2016

Thanks for that info - definitely helpful as we've also seen the same symptoms with the new F44 dual audio input version recently as well. Will be sure to talk with Axis about getting that firmware.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions