Subscriber Discussion

Feedback On Sielox?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 27, 2013

Customers or installers - what have your experiences been with this company and their products? I have formed some opinions of my own, but don't have any prior experience with them. Thanks!

JE
Jim Elder
May 27, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Here is a post from back in O6. Around 2005 Sielox bought Checkpoint which had a small footprint in the Access Control industry (at least when compared to the Software House's of the world) and larger in the shoplifting and book theft detection bus (don't know what happened to the latter). I have not used them, so i cannot speak to their technology. They seem to be catering to the low or middle end of the market. There architecture seems pretty simple as well (at least from what i recall). These factors may be a good fit for an integrator looking for an access control manufacturers. Check them out and report back.

JH
John Honovich
May 27, 2013
IPVM

Evidently, Sielox spun out / had a management buyout at the end of 2010 for $2.55 million. If that's the case, it seems to be imply they are a fairly small company.

Brian Selltiz
Nov 06, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Undisclosed A Integrator, I have a good customer asking me about this product for doing something along the lines of automating lock down procedures. Do you have any of your own feedback to add a year later?

UI
Nov 06, 2014
UI
Nov 06, 2014
No, I passed on it. Sorry.
Brian Selltiz
Nov 06, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Ok thanks.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Nov 11, 2020

Anyone used this product before? Currently, an 8-door system is installed and I have been asked to add several more doors which requires an update to a 40-door system however, I have never heard of this company. I'm tempted to switch it out to something different. Thoughts?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions