Subscriber Discussion

Looking For An Access Control Partner (Works With Dahua)

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 14, 2016

We currently do surveillance installs only, and want to get into access control with the access control being integrated with the surveillance system. We currently install Dahua and I know a lot of reps look down on it, but for our clients, the systems work great. We know want to expand on that. Is there any access control or bridge that would integrate with the Dahua DVR?

We looked at ISonas during the ADI road show but their system was integrated with Milestone, and I can't see our customers paying Milestone prices with half the features

JH
John Honovich
Nov 14, 2016
IPVM

#1, we are checking with Dahua for their list of supported access control systems.

Btw, Milestone is a lot more expensive but has a lot more features, as a point of fact.

(1)
DT
Damon Tarquinio
Nov 14, 2016

Possibly ZKAccess ....

UI
Nov 15, 2016

I looked at some of the Mileston Husky devices and they support less users, less HDD, less cameras for twice the money. There may be some other features, but our market is not interested in that. They want to be able to see cameras, pop locks etc from the same app.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 15, 2016
IPVM

#1, well the cheapest Husky devices are more like 5x entry level Dahua NVRs cost.

But the plus side is Milestone integrates with dozens of access control systems.

Dahua is still working on getting a list of what access control systems they integrate with but I suspect it will not be much. Hopefully, there is at least one low cost. I've asked them to respond today.

UI
Nov 15, 2016

I was trying to be nice, but yes they are 5x the cost. I am looking for a solution that would work for a small office, not enterprise.

Truth is I am new to access control and am looking for manufacturers to partner with. But I am looking for something on the more economical side to start with, and cut my teeth on.

Any other suggestions for a lower end access control/surveillance integration platform?

Just got an email from Geovision, they seem to have a complete package.

The funny thing is Dahua has an access control system, just not sure if its available here in the US. http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/products_category/access-control-544_2.html

But when you go to http://us.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/index.php you can not find it

Their current software supports access control and so does at least one version of their mobile app.

U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 15, 2016

New marketing slogan for Milestone:

5x the cost of Dahua, but .1% of the security exploits!

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Nov 16, 2016

I know it's kinda late to do, but i would recommend you to work with GeoVision, they have their own cameras,NVR and access control with softwares along side it.

We ourselves working with them and their system is quite good to be honest, you wont be able to compete with Dahua prices, but it's not that far to be honest.

Jeffrey Hinckley
Nov 15, 2016

In many situations, there may only be a couple of doors, but many cameras. You only need to associate the cameras at the related doors, normally. Use an access control platform you can be a dealer of and fits your sector. Maybe use a 2nd video platform (license per device) just for the door cameras (a system that integrates with your access control platform). You can always pull a secondary stream from the camera or DVR/NVR if the door related cameras are also on the Dahua system (RTSP, etc).

In most cases, video/access control is a one way street in regards to integration. Video access from the access control system, not access control from the video system. I am not sure, in many of our "integration" projects, that the customers utilize this feature. Sounds good, though.

RS
Robert Shih
Nov 15, 2016
Independent

Dahua access control is coming into our inventory for the next quarter and we're preparing to help deploy these with integrators.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 15, 2016

What distribution center are you with Robert?

RS
Robert Shih
Nov 15, 2016
Independent

I'm with SavvyTech Security. We OEM Dahua and buy direct.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions